Pure Peppermint oil has been using for many years as aromatherapy to stimulate the mind in order to increase focus, and as an anti-spasmodic that relaxes the smooth muscles of the stomach, intestines, and uterus. Thus, it relieves pain resulted from muscles contractions. Due to its calming and cooling effect, it becomes a popular remedy for body aches.
Where to Buy Peppermint Oil?
Peppermint essential oil should always be purchased from a trusted and well-known supplier of high-quality therapeutic-grade oils that offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. There are many low-grade oils on the market, but if you want to purchase a high quality, pure peppermint oil, we recommend you get FREE shipping on Peppermint Essential Oil by ordering online at our trusted source.
Peppermint Oil Information
Peppermint oil comes from the obtained steam distillation of peppermint plant, which is viscous and is clear to pale yellow in color. This is not synthetic oil, but a pure one. Pure Peppermint oil has a fresh and menthol smell. This oil considered to be as one of the most reliable oil that is helpful in relieving body pains. In fact, it is usually a part of every traveler’s first aid-kit. The route of administration of this oil is often internally in order to attain its desired effects.
What are the Benefits of Peppermint Essential Oil?
As mentioned, the essential oil contained in the peppermint plant has long been used as an aid to digestion, and this use continues today, however this benefit is only one of the many provided by peppermint. Indeed, peppermint has so many uses that they fall into several categories. First and foremost, the scent of peppermint is often used as an aid to reduce stress and ease tension. The oil contains menthone and menthyl esters, particularly menthyl acetate, all of which contribute to the invigorating effect provided by that refreshing peppermint smell and taste.
Peppermint has an ancient history as a food flavoring and additive. Peppermint flowers produce plenty of nectar, and yield a mild and pleasant honey where the plants grow in sufficient quantities to nurture bees.
The high menthol content makes peppermint ideal to create a flavorful and relaxing tea. Other food uses include flavoring ice cream, candy, gum, and toothpaste. Peppermint is the oldest and most popular flavor of mint-flavored candy.
“Peppermint leaves have been used to ease headaches and aid digestion for more than 2,000 years.” Peppermint is known to relax the gastro-intestinal sphincter promoting belching, and is often used to reduce indigestion after a meal due to a lessening of the gastrointestinal reflex.
Modern medicine has also found peppermint essential oil highly effective in treating various conditions. For instance, two recent studies indicate that peppermint essential oil is very effective in reducing symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Peppermint is also used for reducing nausea, vomiting, anxiety, and pain during labor.
A recent study has found that the aroma of peppermint enhances memory and can be administered to students before exams to aid in recall. Peppermint essential oil also contains natural pesticides and can be used as an insect repellent.
There are conflicting studies regarding toxicity. Caution in ingesting larger doses is advised. Pregnant and lactating women should not ingest peppermint.
Are there any side effects of peppermint oil?
Peppermint oil should not be used in children younger than 8 years. It may cause side effects such as heartburn and may interact with certain medications. So it’s important to let your doctor or pharmacist know if you’re using peppermint oil.
Other peppermint oil uses:
There are aromatherapy benefits from the refreshing stimulation of peppermint oil being used as a mental stimulant and aiding in concentration.
Essential peppermint oil is found in body products such as bath salts and oils, lotions, creams, soaps, and shampoos.
Of course, peppermint candy is loved by one and all. It is also used in many food and drink products flavoring everything from tea and chewing gum, to chocolate and ice cream. Peppermint oil flavors baked goods as well as cocktails.
Peppermint oil has also been used repelling for insects and rodents. Go to the peppermint oil mice page for more information.
When to Avoid Peppermint Oil Capsules
There are many things in which Peppermint Oil Capsules can be of a great help. But there are also some of the situations which should be looked after. There are situations which are inappropriate to take this medicine or capsule.
There are some of the situations in which the concerned capsule is required to be avoided. Some of these situations are effectively discussed below-
- The medication should be avoided during childbirth or pregnancy. Taking peppermint oil capsules is strictly forbidden in the time of childbirth. It is also harmful if someone has just dealt with childbirth and is on the verge of breast feeding.
- Peppermint oil capsules are not good for constipation patients. It induces bowel movements and can surely degrade your health if you are a patient and you tend to use the capsules.
- Losing weight or severe loss of appetite is another bad time to have peppermint capsules. It is harmful if there is suddenly a loss of appetite or serious weight change.
- When you travel, from one country to another, there is a certain change in time known as jet lags. It is advised not to take the capsules if someone recently had a jet lag or recently traveled abroad. It is not such a good idea.
- It is not a good idea to take these medicines if you are above the age of 40.most of the heart diseases trigger at this point of time. This why the capsules should be avoided if there is a possibility of a weak heart in you.
- If someone is in medication or a schedule of medicine intake, then he or she must not mess up with that routine with unnecessary intake of percent oil capsules. Don’t take this medicine if it is not prescribed. Taking medicines Willy nilly out of the interests may cause you serious diseases, most of which might me deadly too.
- Last but not the least if someone has allergic reactions towards peppermint or another component which is used in the manufacture of Peppermint Oil Capsules, then it may not be a good idea to have that.
- Allergies are caused due to hypersensitivity in our body when some specific enzyme or hormone is being activated. Antihistamines are the medicines which may help regarding allergies. They work against histamines, which are produced by our body and which is also the main cause of allergies in humans as well as some animals.
- People who take peppermint capsules should note some things, which are very useful and are crucial to know. Some of those tips are effectively discussed below:
- A person should never take medicine other than prescribed. This rule doesn’t only limits to this medicine, but this rule applies to all of the pharmaceutical drugs. No chemical should be taken unless it’s prescribed or suggested by some kind of expert and specialist in that field.
- Excessive use of it can cause burning sensation in the heart or may cause severe and serious case of indigestion. This is the reason why excessive use of this medicine must be avoided.
- Itching sensation around your back is another symptom or indication of excessive use of the medicine.
- If anything happens or something bad occurs to you, then simply talk to your family physician or a specialist who is an expert in this subject. That is the only way the itching problem of the skin can be solved.
Peppermint is known to be one of the most common, yet useful household remedies for disinfecting stuffs. It can be used to make the home free of spiders as well as other insects. It can also be used for making tablets, capsules and oils. These oils are essential oils. They can disinfect animals when sprayed after diluting in small quantities. Many people also use it to get rid of infections of impurities from plants. It is a very functional stuff. Having a bottle of peppermint oil in your apartment will solve like every problem regarding cleanliness and disinfection of the home.