Oregano oil is a natural product. It is not the same thing as the oregano that is used for cooking as a spice. That is made from a different species of oregano called Origanum Marjoram, and Oregano oil is Origanum Vulgare. It comes in the form of liquid, capsules or tablets.
Top: 5 Oil of Oregano Oil supplement
Where to Buy Oregano Oil
You can buy Oregano oil in a health or nutrition store, or online with many retailers of vitamins or health supplements. You don’t have to have a prescription to buy it. Be sure you are buying the correct type of oregano oil made from Origanum Vulgare with a carvacrol level of 70 percent or higher.
Top 5 Oregano Oil Reviews
When a bacterial infection invades your body, it’s natural to feel battle like sensation inside. Gratefully, Gaia Herbs has come up with their ecologically harvested oil of oregano to ensure a healthy and insusceptible response. These Liquid Phyto-Capsules will help you get rid of such irksome reaction, keeping the good bacteria called probiotics preserved. You’re also guaranteed to find absolutely vegan capsules produced out of the organic antioxidant source.
The outer coating is so thin that one can easily visualize the inner substance. So, individuals, who find large inflexible capsules difficult to swallow, will appreciate its smooth shape along with this feature. Plus, the product is processed without gluten or alcohol. You’ll get no trace of genetically modified organisms in any of its constituents. The attached label shows that it contains concentrated extract of oregano leaf – a formula generated using CO2 and pressure. Since oregano leaves are best known for functioning like antioxidant, it’s good to know that each of its capsules contains 230mg of Oregano leaf in conjunction with 32mg Carvacrol (a liquid phenol – used as a fungicide and disinfectant).
- PLANT BASED SUPPLEMENT: An herbal immune support supplement designed to promote...
- HIGH QUALITY ORGANIC OIL OF OREGANO: This single herb offers antioxidant support for...
- MAINTAIN IMMUNE SUPPORT: Oil of Oregano helps the body maintain immune defenses so...
Whereas the previous product comes in a solid capsule format meant to be swallowed whole, this one is a completely non-edible oil. Every helpful remedy it offers is from outside. However, there’s no chance to question its ability. Simply by mixing with coconut, almond, sesame or olive oil, you can witness Majestic Pure Oregano Essential Oil’s effectiveness on external body parts. And so far as the measurement is concerned, you’ll find the included glass dropper very much handy to get correct proportion of the dilution. Bear in mind though, the medicine is too strong to use without a carrier oil. In fact, if it isn’t diluted properly, it may cause burning issues.
Users, who love to wear hygienic attitude even while washing clothes, value the fact – how a few drops of this Premium Quality Oregano Oil can keep bacteria off from the fabrics. Surprising enough, this natural product can also be used as hydrating sterilizer after amalgamating with coconut oil. Truth to be told, you can treat any sort of fungal maladies on your skin with this globule, once you’re confirmed that your skin isn’t allergic to this oil.
- Majestic Pure pure and natural premium grade oregano oil from Albania; non-toxic; no...
- Majestic Pure pure and natural premium grade oregano oil from Albania; non-toxic; no...
- Oregano oil is extracted from fresh oregano leaves from oregano plant native to...
When you experience a sore throat or some other respiratory problem, depending on ordinary and slow medicine feels like hell! UpNature understood this frustrating situation and therefore, brought to you this 4 OZ Wild Oregano Oil. It acts faster and you can literally sense this strong essence working on the tingling in your throat. While it relieves the inner pain, we recommend you take a note on its efficiency in outer layer as well. From curing the toenail fungus to seasonal allergies, it performs amazingly! Some Amazon customers also express their positive feedback after mixing it in their shower water.
The higher amount of carvacrol concentration (+66%) in this GMO-free solution grabs a lot of consumers’ attention. This popular item also bears a satisfying one year No Question Asked money back guarantee – a strong reason why it’s included in the list of Amazon’s choices. Besides, one package includes 118 ml oil that comes for about 20 bucks, which is sure to last for half a year. Undoubtedly, a great buy for the money! So, no matter what your problem is, be it a minor gum ailment or a toothache or some skin disease, apply the UpNature Wild Oregano Oil and see the diseased spot getting healed instantly.
- FULL-GRAIN LEATHER motorcycle boots are modeled after heritage biker styles and are...
- ANTIQUE SILVER HARDWARE on these black boots for women gives them a tough, stylish...
- GOODYEAR WELT CONSTRUCTION for soles that are durable, long-lasting, and waterproof
NOW Oregano Oil introduced by NOW Foods can be a preferable choice to promote your stomach’s health. Comprising min. 55% carvacrol, these soft gels work as powerful weapons that help to prevent fatal food poisoning. Not to mention, they act favorably in the face of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) or Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO), if you have any!
Because this coating helps the gels pass through the stomach remaining intact and allows them to disintegrate only when they reach the intestines – the place where they’re sent to work on.
The limitations? The label on the bottle itself warns against taking it if someone is allergic to oregano, ginger or fennel. The expected mother or nursing ladies are also forbidden to take. Besides, individuals, who are allowed to take, will need to be prepared for smelly burps, even if they take it with some foodstuff. Some users complained about suffering from burning sensation in the stomach for a long period of time. However, it won’t let any undesirable or harmful effect be forceful. So, once you practically discover that it can do the intended action quite well, you’re good to go.
- Minimum 55% Carvacrol
- Enteric Coated
- Intestinal Support
Meant for external use, this Therapeutic Grade Oregano Oil is 100% organic. It 10ml bottle has all the characteristics you’d expect from an oil of oregano – fresh herbal aroma, pain and itch reliever – camphoraceous undertones, and European dropper cap.
Unlike any other brands in our list, this product’s distillation facility is approved by more than three quality testing organizations – International Organization for Standardization (ISO 9001), Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Kosher. It’s also registered in the Food and Drug Administration. Sounds like it’s a quality product, but still Healing Solutions are ready to listen to your objections. Their strong customer service evaluates your opinion and if you’re not convinced with its benefit on your health, you’ll be offered a full refund with no question asked!
On a serious note, it’s necessary to be alarmed that it leaves a pungent odor and can burn your skin if not diluted with a carrier oil. Which carrier oil to choose? Fortunately, this product is liberal enough to be blended with over 170 different oils. So, grab any of its kind – coconut or olive oil – that’s near your reach and start the process of fight off fungus or bacteria which can develop within your system steering to unjustified illness.
- Highest Quality Pure & Natural Oregano Essential Oil - Our Oregano Oil is 100% pure,...
- Gc-ms Tested for Purity & Dilution - Every batch of our oregano essential oil is...
- Bottled in a 10ml Glass Bottle with Built-In Eyedropper - All of our essential oils...
What makes Oregano Oil so valuable?
Oregano oil has four major components that give it its strong healing abilities: phenol (carvacrol and thymol) give it the ability to be a powerful antiseptic and antioxidant. Terpenes (pinene and terpinene) gives it antiseptic, as well as antiviral, anti-inflammatory and aesthetic abilities. Esters (linalyl acetate and geranyl acetate) gives it anti-fungal abilities, and long chain alcohols (Linalool and borneol) give it antiviral and antiseptic abilities.
Out of all of these, the strongest ingredient is carvacrol, which studies say has the potential to be one of the strongest antibiotics available.
Oregano oil also has vitamins and minerals such as calcium, zinc, magnesium, iron, boron, potassium, manganese, Vitamin B, A and C.
Benefits of Oregano Oil
Since the ancient times of the Greeks, it has been known that oregano has various medicinal purposes. Modern research studies have also shown that oregano oil is a very strong purifier that has many health benefits for humans, as well as having qualities of being an antiviral, antibacterial agent, antifungal agent, and anti-parasitic agent. It is also a good anti-inflammatory and anti-infection agent as well.
Research at the Georgetown University discovered that oregano oil was better at fighting infection than several existing antibiotics such as penicillin, streptomycin, and vancomycin. The advantage of it is that it can’t cause bacteria to mutant into stronger and more dangerous bacteria the way modern antibiotics can.
Some of the specific health issues it can help are: Oregano Oil Plant
- Immune system booster (found to be stronger than Echinacea or golden seal)
- Increases muscle and joint flexibility (applied topically it provides fast relief)
- Fights skin conditions (such as infection, itch, irritation)
- Fights digestive issues (for indigestion mix two or three drops of liquid and drink it)
- Treats sinus congestion (add three drops to liquid and drink every day for three to five days.
- Cold and sore throat – (add three drops to liquid and drink every day for up to five days)
- Tooth and Gum infections ( one drop on toothbrush can be used)
- Food Poisoning – Studies show it can fight against antibiotic resistant strains of salmonella and E. coli bacteria.
- Treatment of herpes due to antiviral abilities
- Treats fungal problems like Candida and nail fungus, athlete’s foot and dandruff– can be used to treat it both internally and externally
- Relieves pain and inflammation (used topically it gets into tissues and provides fast relief. Good for arthritis, tendonitis, cramps, or sprains)
- Allergy fighter (breathing in the fumes from the oil or taking internally can help)
- Protects cells from free radicals that can cause cancer.
- Kills parasites such as head lice or scabies and is often added to shampoos or olive oil for application.
- Neutralizes venomous bee, snake and spider bites (Good for first aid, can relieve pain of stings or bites and reduce inflammation)
- Improves oxygen levels (use internally and externally it helps the blood absorb oxygen better).
- Acts as an anti-pleomorphism (prevents pathogens from morphing into a stronger kind of organism)
- Treats burns, cuts or scrapes (apply onto area hourly up to 10 hours until the symptoms go away.
- Gets rid of warts (put onto wart with cotton, leave cotton on wart as long as possible by taping to the area. May take several days to get rid of it).
Using Oregano Oil
The natural health community has widely embraced Oil of Oregano for its many uses and Oil Benefits like peppermint oil. It is suggested that when purchasing Oregano Oil that you look for one that contains at least a 70% carvacrol concentration. Oregano Oil is a potent essential oil that can be very hot to taste and has a warm burning sensation when applied directly to the skin. Most instructions for use will involve mixing Oil of Oregano with olive or coconut oil.
Oregano Oil is one of the most versatile herbs on the market. Most agree Oil of Oregano is a precious and powerful gift from Mother Nature. Most traditional home remedies use the essential oils of the Oregano Plant to heal the body both internally and externally. Oregano Oil is a supernatural powerhouse and is widely respected by professionals in the natural healthcare and medical field. The healing properties of Oil of Oregano were used by Hippocrates in the times of ancient Greece and will continue to be researched today for all of its health-promoting properties.
Side Effects of Oregano Oil
Despite its multiple benefits, Oregano does have some side effects, which include:
- Reduction of body’s iron absorption
- Stimulates blood flow to the uterus (Therefore pregnant women should NOT take oregano oil).
- Causes skin rash, irritation or vomiting if someone is allergic.
- Burning sensation if gotten near the eyes, mucous membranes or genitals.
The bottom line is that Oregano Oil is a potent substance that has many subtle uses that are healthful for humans. If you are considering using oregano oil, you should first talk with your doctor and see if any medications or conditions would prevent you from doing so.
Last update on 2024-02-23 at 12:17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API Details