The solar panels burst with force years ago to become a more economical and ecological alternative to the electric ones.
Solar power offers homeowners an array of incredible benefits. That’s why they’re gaining in popularity so quickly in the states, especially in New York and New Jersey. Fortunately, there are many reputable companies out there that make buying and installing solar power systems easier than ever.
According to SolarAmerica.org, there are 3 incredible benefits of solar panels for homeowners. Homeowners wishing to make an easy, no-brainer investment in their family’s future should take the time to learn what these are.
- Characteristics of solar panels
- Advantages of Using Solar Panels
- Advantages #1: Less Expansive
- Advantages #2: Solar Panels Save Monthly Cost of Families
- Advantages #3: Solar Panels Increase Home Value
- Advantages #4: Solar Panels Ensure A Bright Future
- Advantages #5: You forget the light bill for the rest of your life
- Advantages #6: Environment Friendly
- Advantages #7: Sustainable Development
- Advantages #8: Prevent Noise Pollution
- Advantages #9: Healthy Conservation
- Advantages #10: Source of Inexhaustible Energy
- Disadvantage of Solar Panels:
Characteristics of solar panels
- Solar panels work with renewable energy, ie from an inexhaustible source of energy as is the light emitted by the sun.
- They need minimal maintenance, one more reason to have them installed at home. Its approximate useful life is 30 years.
- Although the money needed to invest for the purchase of solar panels is not less, the energy savings achieved through its use is reflected in the monthly electricity bill, which will pay less (as long as you have That resort to the use of conventional energy by exceptional cases). In that sense, it can be said that the money invested is recovered in the first months of the purchase.
- The installation of solar panels is increasingly requested by people, something that contributes to the care of the planet and the cheapness of the devices.
Advantages of Using Solar Panels
Advantages #1: Less Expansive
One of the most important advantages of using solar panels is that they are potentially less expensive than conventional supply systems. In addition to this, the panels have the capacity to supply energy for approximately thirty years, as long as they are maintained in the proper conditions.
Advantages #2: Solar Panels Save Monthly Cost of Families
Of course, the most impressive personal benefit of a solar power system is that it can significantly lower a family’s energy bill. The savings will start stacking up the day that the solar system is installed. While it may sound too good to be true, a correctly sized solar photovoltaic system is capable of offsetting about 70% of a home’s electric usage.
How cool would it be if every homeowner in America received 70% off of their electric bill each and every month? If their bill is currently $200 a month, they could potentially save $2,400 this year alone! Of course, energy rates have been on the rise in recent years. If the historic rate of increase of 2-3% continues in the years to come, they could save well over $35,000 in just two decades! That’s enough for each family to send a kid off to state college or buy a really fast boat for some fun in the sun together!
Many families are shocked to discover that solar panels can save them even more money thanks to net metering. Net metering occurs when a home releases the excess energy that its solar panels capture into the local energy grid for other homes and businesses to use. Electric companies pay retail rates to homeowners for this excess energy.
Advantages #3: Solar Panels Increase Home Value
Just like adding hardwood floors to a kitchen or renovating the tiles in a bathroom, installing solar panels on a residential property has the power to increase the value of the home. However, unlike aesthetic upgrades, solar panels never go out of style. A marble bathtub has never saved anyone money on their monthly water bill, after all.
Solar panels are extremely appealing to savvy house shoppers. In fact, as electricity rates continue to rise, solar power and companies like are only set to become more and more popular with potential homeowners. As things stand today, a home’s value increases an average of $20 for every $1 reduction in annual electricity bills. This means that installing a solar power system on a residential property could not only save a homeowner thousands of dollars in annual energy costs, but it could also add well over $30,000 of value to their home immediately.
Thanks to solar rebates and other state and federal property tax incentives, the majority of solar systems are able to pay for themselves via utility savings in as little as 5-10 years. This means that the value added to a home is essentially pure profit. Furthermore, there’s no need to dip into a home’s equity to purchase a solar system. Many programs, including those, make it possible for homeowners in New York and New Jersey to purchase solar systems for as little as $0 down.
Advantages #4: Solar Panels Ensure A Bright Future
Solar power systems have the power to set homeowners in New York and New Jersey financially free from the energy companies’ constantly rising electric rates. Additionally, the company’s green technology has the ability to improve the health of natural environments and local communities throughout the region.
Advantages #5: You forget the light bill for the rest of your life
This is undoubtedly the biggest economic benefit of installing solar panels at home; You can use everything you want and need without fear of the expense that can cause you.
Advantages #6: Environment Friendly
Another benefit has to do with the environment, since the use of solar energy is harmless for the environment, the use of solar panels is increasing worldwide. It is a renewable and clean source of energy, so in recent years its use has been greatly encouraged.
Advantages #7: Sustainable Development
Likewise, they do not pollute, harm the soil or air, their use allows to minimize the production of greenhouse gases, avoids noise pollution, contributes to sustainable development and allows to take advantage of the energy in areas where the power line does not reach.
Advantages #8: Prevent Noise Pollution
Installation and time of use, the panels are silent, something that we don’t see on other devices such as wind or hydraulic energy.
Advantages #9: Healthy Conservation
The great benefit of using solar energy is the safe environment conservation. How? The use of this type of energy does not produce harmful element which may responsible for the threat of the survival of the living organism on earth.
Solar energy is not only a form of sustainable but infinitely renewable energy consumption – at least until the sun ends without energy within a few billion years
Advantages #10: Source of Inexhaustible Energy
Solar energy is not only a form of sustainable but infinitely renewable energy consumption. The energy comes from the Sun. So it does not end there until the sun is exhausted. That is why it is called inexhaustible source of energy.
Disadvantage of Solar Panels:
One of the disadvantages of solar energy is that it can not produce energy overnight. Another disadvantage is that these panels can be costly at the beginning for many people.
Maintenance of solar panels
- First, clean the panels to so that it can absorb as much energy as possible. Approximately a dirty or grated solar panel can reduce the energy between 15% and 30%. To clean the panels simply apply water and soap on the surface and rub without excessive force. Never dry clean it since it may have sands or other foreign particles that may cause damage to the panel. They can also be cleaned with a soft cell brush.
- Make revisions of the collection deposit , because it contains parts essential for the capture and transformation of energy. You should review it once a year.
- It is also important that the insulating gums are in perfect condition.
- Revision of structural damages , such as cracks, breaks, leaks, damages caused by storms
How Much Does it Cost to Maintain the Solar Panels
The maintenance of solar panels depends on factors such as size, location or quality of the installation.
The basic thing is that a regular maintenance of solar panels has a lower cost which ensure medium and long term operation. For example, cleaning and revising the panels weekly ensures their smooth operation and can prevent you having to spend 5000 USD on a new panel.
The price also depends on how expert you are on the maintenance. If you do it yourself, it will cost you what the necessary materials cost you. If you hire other professionals , you will also have to pay for labor.
In fact, most money is spent when you buy the panels. Once you invest the money, it recovers the payment in a time that ranges from 7 to 15 years.
Global climate change is obvious. This circumstance makes it urgent for all people to take the necessary action to diminish the pressure in the atmosphere caused by greenhouse gases. Solar panels play a very strong contribution on this environmental issue. It requires only basic maintenance. Solar energy has many advantages and has come to stay because there are many benefits it has for consumers.