One of the most crucial appliances in the home which you can use to carry out cooking tasks is the cooktop. This could be from easy tasks like boiling water to more complex ones like grilling a steak.
In many homes, the cooktop comes with a range hood merged with an oven below it. This is wonderful and will help performing the most tasks. But what if you don’t have adequate space in your kitchen? If this is the case for you, then you may want to consider getting a gas cooktop with downdraft.
The downdraft style consolidates a ventilation system straight into the cooktop’s surface. A little vent at the middle of your burners functions similarly to a range hood. This works to draw out steam and smoke while you cook. This also aids in freeing up the area above your cooktop for additional headroom or a pot rack.
Top 4 Downdraft Gas Cooktop Compared
Last update on 2018-07-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API Details
It is essential you choose the best gas cooktop with downdraft for the best cooking experience. But this may not exactly be an easy task. There are numerous brands, options and models to choose from.
- Here are 5 Best Gas Cooktop with Downdrafts We have Carefully Choose for You
- Frigidaire RC30DG60PS 30″ Gas Sealed Burner Style Cooktop with 4 Burners
- DCS CDV304N 30″ Stainless Steel Gas Sealed Burner Cooktop – Downdraft
- Bosch NGM5655UC500 36″ Stainless Steel Gas Sealed Burner Cooktop
- GE Profile 30″ Built-In Gas Downdraft Cooktop-White PGP9830TJWW
- Kitchen Aid KCGD500GSS 30 4 Burner Stainless Steel Gas Downdraft Cooktop
Here are 5 Best Gas Cooktop with Downdrafts We have Carefully Choose for You
This is a 30-inch gas cooktop which can help in eradicating smoke and odours seamlessly. It comes along 4 sealed burners which allow you cook multiple meals simultaneously.
You can boil water faster with its PowerPlus Boil feature. Also, it has a great heating power of 5,000 BTU, 9,500 BTU, 12,000 BTU and 17,000 BTU which offer different level of heat. The Pro-Select controls allow you to take complete charge of the heating adjustment to your desired specification.
Moving heavy pans and pots from one burner to another without you having to lift is quite easy. This is because of the continuous grates this cooktop comes with.
It has a filter which is dishwasher safe and this means you can clean it easily and quickly.
- It comes with a dishwasher-safe filter which makes cleaning easy
- It comes alongside an LP gas conversion kit
- It has a sturdy build
- It has a great heating power of different ranges
- PowerPlus Boil feature allows for faster boiling of water
- It is a bit pricey in comparison to other similar products
The DCS 30” comes with Sealed Dual flow burners which you can only find on DCS Units. These provide 15,000 BTU heating power on the front-left burner for effective and fast cooking. But simmering sauces on all burners is also possible at 3,000BTU.
It comes alongside sealed burners on an enclosed surface for cooking. This great design, as well as a stainless finish, ensures that you can easily and quickly clean the cooking surfaces.
The grates which come in a deep-platform, full coverage style allows you to slide larger pans and pots easily. Its portable size allows it to fit into the counter surface of any kitchen while also boosting the appeal.
For total control, the metal dials which are ergonomically designed provide you with just that. You can also determine the temperature of the cooktop just by looking at the metal dials.
This unit also comes alongside an auto ignite feature. It reignites itself when the flames blow out or if water gets into them.
- It can be cleaned with ease
- It comes alongside 4 sealed burners
- It has an auto ignite feature
- It has ergonomic metal control knobs for complete control
- There have been no complaints with this unit yet.
The NGM8655UC500 comes in a very simple design. It has a stainless steel surface enclosed with continuous iron grates. You can easily take these off in three parts to enable easy cleaning.
The 5 burners are arranged in a way that allows you to use them simultaneously. You can do this with almost any style or size of cookware. This allows for easy usage and faster cooking.
Unlike other cooktops, it comes with five metal knobs of industrial grades. This means they can last for a long time before needing replacement.
The Bosch NGM8655UC has a warranty which lasts for 12-months. This provides coverage from defects in both workmanship and materials for that period. If any defect pops up within that period, you get free repairs and even replacement if needed.
- It is easy to clean
- Stainless steel construction, as well as metal knob burners, ensure durability
- It comes with a 12-month warranty
- The installation process is easy
- You can evenly cook meals on all burners
- It is not easy to tell if the burner is on or not. This is because the knobs have no markings and the flames are invisible.
The GE Profile 30″ gas downdraft is one of kind that comes alongside an all-purpose burner of 11,500 BTU. This allows you to quickly cook meals and boil water.
It has an edge to edge, heavy cast grates which lets you move pans and pots between burners easily. The knobs are quite durable and come alongside LED lightning. The LED lights asides from letting you know when burners are on, also provide the cooktop with a sleek look.
The GE Profile 30’’ has sealed cooktop burners which help in containing spills. This ensures you can clean the burners without hassles. For easy cleaning, the grates can are dishwasher safe. Just put them in and let the dishwasher do the rest.
- The control knobs come with LED lights
- Cleaning can be done easily and quickly
- It has a sleek appearance
- It has heavy duty grates which are dishwasher safe
- The 11,500 BTU is a bit low in comparison to other cooktops similar to this.
This 30” gas cooktop comes with 4 burners which allow for fast cooking. It features a professional burner of 17,000 BTU. This allows you attain high heat required for searing as well as low simmer settings.
With the Even-Heat of 5,000 BTU, the simmer burner ensures precise melting and simmering. Burners are electric and function with an electric spark as opposed to a pilot light. It also features an automatic re-ignition system that relights burners if the flames get blown out.
This unit also gives you the opportunity to transform the cooktop so it can be utilized with LP gas. This is ideal in case the house comes equipped with Liquid propane gas.
- Great heating power of 17,000 BTU
- It has a sturdy construction
- It comes with durable stainless steel knobs
- Gives you the capacity to transform the cooktop so it can be utilized with LP gas
- There have been no complaints as regards this unit yet
To get the best cooking experience with a gas cooktop with downdraft, one must get the best. But not everyone can purchase the leading models. Nonetheless, a gas cooktop with downdraft which is affordable and well-designed can provide you with a host of features, capabilities and power levels to ensure you cook amazing meals.
The above cooktop listed above consisted of various considerations ranging from burner power, cost, grates, and control knobs among other. Regardless of what your requirements are, we are certain that any of the cooktops above would meet your requirements.
So what else are you waiting for? Make your choice and enjoy a better cooking experience today.