A neti pot is a cute little pot with a long snout which can be used to give a sinus rinse. You simply tilt your head forward and to one side, stick the snout of the neti pot into one nostril, and tilt the pot upwards, until water flows into the nasal passage and out the other nostril. The neti pot is good for relief from sinus problems, like a chronic sinus infection, dryness sinus pressure, nasal allergies and dryness, sinus pressure and even snoring.
Note: While the neti pot is considered an alternative medical device, the following instructions are not meant to treat any medical conditions, such as sinusitis.
Editor’s Picks: Top 5 Neti Pots Compared
Last update on 2018-04-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API Details
- Types of Available Neti Pots
- Your 9 Best Neti Pots are Here
- 1. HealthAndYoga Stainless Steel Neti Pot for Sinus Congestion (Ayurvedic JalNeti)
- 2. Aromatic Salt Premium Ceramic Neti Pot
- 3. Yogi’s NoseBuddy – the ultimate neti pot
- 4. SinuCleanse Nasal Wash System, Plastic soft tip Neti Pot
- 5. Nasopure “Nicer Neti” Pot Sinus Wash System
- 6. Sattvic Path Ergonomically Designed Hand-made Ceramic Neti Pot
- 7. ComfyPot Ceramic Neti Pot Sinus Rinse
- 8. Himalayan Chandra Neti Pot Complete Sinus Cleansing System Starter Kit
- 9. Himalayan Chandra Porcelain Neti Pot
- Nasal Spray vs. Neti Pot
Types of Available Neti Pots
It has been a while, and the questions are still pouring in about which neti pot gives the least problems, provides the greatest benefit, and eliminates the greatest neti pot danger. There are generally several types of Neti Pots available in the market today. The difference is based on the materials they are made of.
Based on the material used, the neti pots are four types:
- Stainless Steel
Each of these neti pots has some pros and cons. So it’s important for the user to choose one after understanding pros and cons.
Stainless steel neti pot: Stainless steel made neti pots are most strong and sturdy device because of the nature of this material. Whether your goal is sinus relief, sinus congestion, or simply better meditation, you will find the neti pot made from stainless steel to be a joy to own and use.
- Easy To Grip – fits all hand sizes
- Leak Proof Smooth Tapered Conical Tip – fits all nose sizes and eliminates spilling by “sealing” the incoming nostril.
- Lightweight and ideal size holds up to 16 oz of saline solution.
- Rubber gasket between pot and spout prevents any possibility of rust.
- Easy to clean and are hygienic.
- Device looks clinical
- Not fragile
- Available in several sizes
- Contain sleek nose tips
- May have rust-like occurrences.
Ceramic neti pots– These are the common types of net pots
- Create a comfortable seal for easy pouring
- Long time use
- Soft Looks
- Breakable and fragile
- Need to handle very carefully
- Quite heavy
Plastic Neti Pot– Are made of plastic
- Not easily breakable
- Quite durable
- Good for travelers
- Cheaper plastic made neti pots are harmful to environment
- Not recommended for prolonged use as plastic emits odor or bad smell when they become old
- Nostrils can get hurt by plastic
Copper neti pot–
- Available in large sizes
- Many expert praises copper as medical device manufacturng material
- Not breakable
- Looking not attractive
- Copper can react with water so as to result in copper residues
So What’s the verdict?
Just in case it isn’t clear, what type of neti pot is good for you, the answer- the stainless steel neti pot, because it not only is unbreakable, and good in the shower, but it also is anti-bacterial, meaning it prevents most infections when the nasal passage is not cleared properly. But you may still not be agree with my verdict. So we have reviewed 10 best net pots from all types. Read the reviews and pick on which suits your need.
Your 9 Best Neti Pots are Here
Quick relief for your sinus congestion, allergies, and colds is found in the Health and Yoga Stainless Steel Neti Pot. This neti pot will certainly alleviate your blocked nostrils and return your breathing to normal. It does this by removing with cleansing fluid the excess mucus, pollen and other things that cause allergies. Not only is this neti pot easy to use, it is also easy to keep clean and maintain – it’s safe to use in a dishwasher. So, if you much prefer a neti pot that is not made of plastic or ceramic, then this Stainless Steel neti pot is certainly for you. You’ll be able to carry on your day without having to endure the discomfort of nasal congestion. The Health and Yoga Stainless Steel Neti Pot is also supplied with a fibre storage bag as well as an instruction manual for you to learn how to use it effectively for the best results. Here are a few of the features and benefits for keeping your sinus clear and preventing nasal infections.
Features and Benefits
- One-of-a-kind tip to plug the nostrils and reduce dripping.
- Made of Stainless Steel so it is very durable and long-lasting.
- Large capacity, holding up to 16 ounces of fluid. This ensures a complete cleanse without interruptions.
- Very easy to hold, and non-slipping.
- Very lightweight and easy to carry around and use.
Your congested nostrils will be instantly relieved with the Aromatic Salt Premium Ceramic Neti Pot. This easy to use ceramic neti pot is also quite simple to keep clean and germ-free. What sets it apart from other neti pots is its smooth tapered spout that is a perfect and comfortable fit for the average nostril. Not only is the Aromatic Salt Premium Ceramic Neti Pot easy to hold, it is also designed with a solid handle that does not allow the build up of germs and other contaminants. Its eight-ounce capacity is sufficient to allow you to cleanse both nostrils without a refill. You may also like the features and benefits of this ceramic neti pot.
Features and Benefits
- Spout tapers to fit comfortably and easily in nostrils.
- The handle is solid to prevent water and germs from building up.
- Free from lead and is therefore safe to use.
- Can be cleaned in a dishwasher.
- Made of porcelain ceramic for greater durability.
A highly recommended neti pot that you can use is the Yogi’s NoseBuddy, which is touted as the ultimate neti pot. This neti pot provides an efficient rinse for your nostrils to rid you of congestion caused by allergies, the common cold, and sinus infections. It is also effective in alleviating the effects of asthma, the flu and even snoring. The great thing about this neti pot also, is that it enhances your sense of smell every time you use it. In addition, your mental alertness will also be sharper. The secret to its effectiveness is the extra long spout that gives the Yogi’s NoseBuddy an advantage in the use of large volumes of liquid for a complete rinse. You have a choice of three colors – green, purple, and blue. The NoseBuddy is very simple to use by both children and adults. Here are the features and benefits that make using this neti pot a pleasant experience.
Features and Benefits
- The NoseBuddy Neti Pot is very easy to use and keep clean.
- It is easy to see the liquid level through its transparent plastic.
- This neti pot is made from strong but light-weight BPA free Polypropylene plastic. This makes it durable and not easy to break.
- Its one-of-a-kind design and generous volume of 0.5 liters allow for a better flow of cleansing liquid to the nostrils.
- This neti pot weighs only 120 grams which makes it easy to travel with.
- It is supplied with a measuring spoon for the salt so it is easy to fix your own decongestion solution.
To enjoy complete freedom from nasal discomfort reach for the SinuCleanse Neti Pot, which is a natural nasal cleansing system. If you suffer from allergies, sinus problems, colds and flu the SinuCleanse Neti Pot is just the right instrument for you. Not only is it proven clinically to give you the most effective nasal relief, it is also a substitute for nasal sprays and pills. This neti pot is also easy to use and keep clean so you need not worry about awkward situations with this well-designed pot. The design is transparent, which allows you to see the liquid levels and to allow accurate application into each nostril. Here are a few of the notable features and benefits of using the SinuCleanse Nasal Wash System.
Features and Benefits
- Quite safe to use for nasal rinses.
- Provides effective relief from sinus, allergy, irritation and other nasal problems.
- Comes with 30 pharmacy grade Saline packs made in a registered facility approved by the FDA.
- Ingredients are completely natural and free from preservatives.
If you’re like those who prefer a bottle rather than the traditional neti pot, the Nasopure sinus wash system may be what you’re looking for. Nasopure’s advantage over neti pots is that it reaches the far back of sinus areas, where most of your nasal congestions start, without much fuss. Using the Nasopure is not like using traditional neti pots. For one thing, this is a squeeze bottle that you can apply to your nostrils while standing. The pressure of the saline solution as you squeeze helps in cleaning the nostrils. It might be a little messier compared to neti pots, and if you’re a man with facial hair, it might not be easy to use this squeeze bottle without messing up your beard and moustache, unless you slightly lean forward while you squeeze. So, if you’re always affected by allergies, colds and flu as well as a dry, itchy throat, then the Nasopure solution is your best bet. You may also find these features and benefits useful.
Features and Benefits
- This product contains an eight-ounce Nasopure Bottle and twenty Salt packets.
- It allows you to manage the flow and pressure of the saline wash inside the nostril, unlike the standard neti pot.
- It takes away any harmful bacteria and allergens found around nasal openings.
- Very easy to use and to keep clean.
What if you could find a neti pot that is so easy to hold and use it’s a no-brainer? Sattvic Path Ergonomically Designed Ceramic Neti Pot may be what you need. It is uniquely designed without handles so that you may grip it firmly by the indentations on the sides. The Sattvic Path neti pots are made by hand and are not mass produced. This means that a lot of attention has been paid to ensuring that each neti pot is made to perfection. After a few weeks of frequent use, you’ll notice that your sinus, allergy symptoms, sinus headache, and other irritations are gone. You’ll also notice for the first time the many things you can actually smell after using this nasal cleansing neti pot. Did we mention that this neti pot is so easy to clean? You’ll also like these features of your Sattvic ceramic neti pot.
Features and Benefits
- Designed for ease of use and comfort
- Made from high-quality ceramic that is also durable.
- Comes with a lifetime guarantee from the manufacturers.
- Can be safely used in your dishwasher or microwave oven.
- It is also completely free from lead.
- Available in four attractive and rustic colors – White Dove, Clay Brown, Dusk Red and Light Sand.
You may also find the ComfyPot to be the best type of neti pot to use for your sinus and other nasal cleansing needs. This is the type of neti that is made to be used comfortably and easily. It is also quite easy to clean and there is no risk of germs and bacteria build up at the handles. The main thing that makes this neti pot a must-have is the replaceable silicone nozzles that allow flexibility to you. The conical tip is also specially designed to seal your nostril and prevent dripping. The following are the main features of the ComfyPot that makes it the right choice for you.
Features and Benefits
- ComfyPot is equipped with a silicone nozzle that is designed to fit perfectly into the nostril.
- It is very easy to pour the liquid through the nozzle that also acts as a comfortable seal on the nostril.
- Long lasting ceramic neti pot, quite durable, unlike plastic pots.
- Supplied with two silicone nozzles that are removable for convenience.
- It is also very easy to keep clean and is safe to use in a dishwasher.
- The spill defying opening is designed to avoid unnecessary spilling of the contents while you pour.
Here is a trusted neti pot designed by the Himalayan Institute. The Himalayan Chandra Neti Pot is a complete system for cleaning your sinuses and reducing or eliminating the effects of allergies, colds and flu. Its distinctive shape allows for a perfect liquid flow rate for the best nasal cleanse. The formula for the Neti Wash Plus cleansing starter kit consists of essential oils of Eucalyptus, Menthol, Peppermint, and other ingredients, soothing extracts from five herbs, and Xylitol that cool and unblocks your nostrils. Using this neti pot and starter kit will help you to moisturize and nourish your nasal passages and keep your sinuses healthy. Take a look at these other properties of this neti pot and sinus cleaning starter kit.
Features and Benefits
- This neti pot is made with ceramic and glaze that are free from lead.
- It is quite effective in removing pollen, mucus, dust and other irritants from your sinus passages.
- The starter kit is equipped with all that is needed for your daily nasal cleansing – ten-ounce jar, the neti pot salt, and the two-ounce bottle.
- This neti pot cleans and protects your nasal passages.
With the Himalayan Chandra Porcelain Neti Pot, you can finally rid yourself of the discomfort caused by colds, nasal stuffiness, allergies, and sinusitis. This neti pot not only cleanses your nasal passages, it also protects them from the effects of allergens and irritants. Say goodbye to chronic nasal congestion and hello to clear nasal passages and sweet relief. It is quite easy and comfortable to use the Himalayan Chandra Porcelain Neti Pot to irrigate your nostrils. Here are some of the main features and benefits of using this durable neti pot.
Features and Benefits
- It’s soothing for dry nasal passages and it keeps nasal passages clear.
- It naturally removes dust, pollen, mucus, and irritants from your sinuses.
- This ceramic neti pot is also lead-free so it is safe to use every time.
- It’s distinctive lotus design and shape allows for a perfect flow of the cleansing liquid into the nostrils.
Using Neti Pots: What Should You Consider
Some people are confused about turning the head left or right doing a neti pot cleansing, and the confusion comes from the head position.
Having said that, the following procedure does a wonderful job of clearing congestion, even better than a hot curry!
If you bow your head down, turning right makes the right nostril face highest…but if you keep your head straight up, and then tilt to the left, it is your right nostril that rises to the highest point…so be sure to bow slightly in your neti pot practices, to get the right position, and to drain the passages correctly.
While you can gain a surprising amount of extra vitality and energy with a neti pot, it’s important to respect it, and to use it correctly, so that you don’t attract any infections in your nasal passages.
If you can clean out your head cavities and allow the free passage of oxygen to work its natural magic, you’ll improve your health, your energy, have better, more vibrant dreams, and be on the path to understanding the mysteries of life that surround us.
So if you are still wondering which neti pot to get, don’t delay or burn your brain cells any longer – just get the stainless steel neti pot and be done with any infection dangers and breakage problems, and just get on with the process of getting yourself in better shape.
Just because economic crisis consumes the world doesn’t mean that a neti pot can’t change your life and let your mind see what’s really going on.
The Common Mistake Neti Pot Users Make
The most common mistake new neti pot users make is to not make a saline solution. If you use bottled water, or tap water, without adding some form of salt (either table salt, sodium chloride, or baking soda, sodium bicarbonate), it will sting your nose and be very unpleasant.
The second most common mistake people make is to not get the water to body temperature. The water should be right around 98F or 37C, and if you make the water too hot (like boil it in a kettle – a real no, no), or take the water from the fridge (ouch!), it will sting so bad, you’ll be reluctant to try your netty pot ever again.
Be very sure that you get the salt ratio right, otherwise the nasal irrigation will cause more sinus problems than it helps. The correct amount of salt is one teaspoon (5ml) in 16 ounces (500ml) of water.
Nasal Spray vs. Neti Pot
There is a wide variety of nasal sprays available on the market; some are better than others. So, how do the different sprays compared to using a neti pot?
Saline Nasal Spray
The nasal mists that are most closely related to a neti pot are the saline nasal mists. These are primarily salt water, usually slightly hypertonic (saltier than your body’s level). They contain little to no other chemicals. That is what makes them so close to a neti pot. To use them, you spray the mist up your nose and allow it to drain back out. You can do this in the shower, or over a sink, then gently blow your nose. The hypertonic nature will supposedly help dry your nasal passages, but beware of overuse, as too much drying can lead to a rebound effect.
Mists are convenient and easier to use than a neti pot. However, they don’t quite get the same amount of coverage within the sinus cavity that a neti pot does.
Other Nasal Mists
Other nasal mists include steroidal or antihistamine-based sprays. With oversight from a doctor, those can be used appropriately. However, especially with the steroids, there is a risk with long-term use of the rebound effect, and a dependency on the spray.
When a doctor has prescribed a particular spray, follow the doctor’s recommendations to the letter. However, feel free to ask them about continuing to use a neti pot as well. They may have specific directions about when and when not to use the neti pot in relation to the prescription.
Now again the Neti Pot
A Neti Pot is an all natural tried and true way to help with clearing the sinuses and nasal passages. When you are sick with a cold or upper respiratory infection, most try over the counter decongestants. Some of these include pseudoephedrine and phenylpropanolamine. Many of these are combined with an anti-histamine which can also make you drowsy. These drugs all have many side effects of which drowsiness is just one. That is why using a neti pot makes so much more sense.
Why expose yourself to the unnecessary risk of taking these drugs if you don’t have to? Of course, a neti pot can also be used as an adjunctive measure as well and can be used in addition to various cold and flu medication on the market.